View at: Template:Removed features/content 
This page describes content that exists only in outdated versions of Bedrock Edition.
This feature used to be in the game but has since been removed.
grass_carried was a block which was used for storing the item model for grass blocks.
grass_carried is only known to be obtainable through the use of inventory editors and other external tools. If placed in a world, the block can be mined instantly with any item, but it does not drop anything regardless of the method used.
grass_carried obviously highly resembles the actual grass block. However, there are two key differences between it and normal grass blocks:
- The top texture is a noticeably different color, and in fact matches the side texture much more than normal grass blocks.
- This is due to this block using a pre-tinted texture, whereas the normal grass block uses a grayscale texture with a constant tint.
- While grass blocks use the dirt texture on the bottom, grass_carried uses the side texture on the bottom:
Functional differences from grass blocks
Despite very closely resembling the grass block visually, grass_carried has notable functional differences from normal grass blocks:
- It can be broken instantly.
- It does not drop anything at all when broken.
- It does not have an icon in the inventory.
- It cannot be turned into farmland.
- Blocks which require a dirt-like block below them to exist, such as flowers and sugar cane, cannot be placed on it.
- Placing an opaque block on top on it does not gradually convert it to dirt.
|Grass Block||Block & Item|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|v0.8.0||build 2||Removed grass_carried due to major refactoring in block and item rendering, texture storage and more in this version.|
|1.4.0||beta 188.8.131.52||Added hardened glass, which uses the numeric ID that grass_carried once did (253). It is not known if worlds with grass_carried which are upgraded to this version will have it convert to hardened glass.|
grass_carried is a removed block and as such issues relating to it cannot be fixed.
- ↑ https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-pocket-edition/mcpe-discussion/1968560-my-report-on-3-strange-new-blocks?comment=8
- ↑ a b https://youtu.be/djvCj4tZdNM?t=9m06s
- ↑ https://youtu.be/djvCj4tZdNM?t=8m35s
- ↑ a b https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/minecraft-pocket-edition/mcpe-discussion/1968560-my-report-on-3-strange-new-blocks