18w48a is the ninth snapshot for Java Edition 1.14, released on November 29, 2018, which revamps plains villages.
- Barrels, bells, blast furnaces, brewing stands, cartography tables, fletching tables, lecterns, looms, smokers, smithing tables, and stonecutters
- Can now generate naturally inside plains villages.
- Changed texture.
- Are now craftable using two sticks, two planks, and one stone slab.
- Now has a GUI with 2 input slots and 1 output slot.
- Can now combine two damaged items into one and/or remove non-curse enchantments.
- For each enchantment removed, some experience will be returned.
- Can be found at plains village weapon smiths.
- Can now be climbed without supporting blocks.
- Slightly modified trades of villagers.
- Can locate the new villages, using the
- Village houses now have a drastically different structure and there are many more types.
- Use jigsaw blocks for generation.
- Added new structure and loot table files for the new village houses.
- Recipes for combining damaged items have been removed; these are now done using the grindstone.
- Dedicated servers
gamemodesettings now accept string names; integer values are still allowed as legacy option.
- Server will now exit faster if
eula.txtis not set.
- Command line
- Added new option
- Added new command line option
server.propertieswith defaults, then exits.
- Added new option
- 7 issues fixed
- From released versions before 1.14
- MC-103192 – Combining tools or armor adds to crafting stat.
- MC-118323 –
magenta_dye_from_lapis_ink_bonemealrecipe and its advancement are misnamed
- From the 1.14 development versions
- MC-138633 – The title screen needs updating in 1.14 snapshots.
- MC-139378 – "Exception while ticking" crash when Scaffolding falls onto a Shulker Box
- MC-139692 – Chests in ocean ruins not opening
- MC-139694 – Water blocks aren't filled in if above an ocean ruin.
- MC-139955 – Ocean ruins can spawn completely obliterated in certain chunks.
Video made by slicedlime:
- Unlike most of the first-of-the-week snapshots, this was released on a Thursday instead of Wednesday, similar to the snapshots before 14w26a.
- ↑ "Minecraft Snapshot 18w48a" – Minecraft.net, November 29, 2018