Beta 1.9 Prerelease 6 is the sixth and final pre-release for Java Edition 1.0.0, released on November 11, 2011, which adds dragon eggs, End crystals, credits, new video settings, changes the mining time of some blocks, changes the ender dragon boss fight, and fixes some bugs.
- Currently has no use.
- Sits atop of a block of bedrock.
- It is diamond shaped, with 2 cubes spinning on their axis with a point at the center.
- Fires a healing beam at the ender dragon when within range.
- Can be destroyed with a melee or hit with an arrow, causing an explosion.
- They appear on all obsidian pillars in the End.
- Ending titles and credits
- Have been added to the game.
- Added the following files to
- Video settings
- Added "Particles" setting, which has three possible states:
- "All", rendering all particle effects.
- "Decreased", rendering half of all particle effects.
- "Minimal", rendering no particle effects (except for those created when breaking blocks).
- Several block's tool weaknesses have been fixed, such as crafting tables now mining faster with an axe and rails now mining faster with a pickaxe.
- Attempting to sleep in a bed while hostile mobs are nearby will display "You may not rest now, there are monsters nearby".
- Are no longer prevented from opening from other chests on top.
- Decreased mining time.
- Fire above bedrock in The End will now burn forever.
- Mined stairs of any materials will drop a stair block now instead of a block form of its material.
- Downward flowing water now creates flowing water once more.
- Tools not suited to digging a certain block can be faster than digging by hand, e.g. a pickaxe can dig dirt faster than by hand, but not faster than by shovel.
- Can be fired without having arrows in Creative mode but will use up arrows from the creative mode inventory, if available.
- More finished boss fight.
- "Boss Health" meter appears on the middle top part of the screen in the same purple hue as the ender dragon.
- Leaves behind an exit portal with the dragon egg sitting on top to return the players to their spawn point/bed.
- 'Efficiency' enchantment now affects all blocks for any item enchanted with it.
- Are now square again.
- 12 bugs fixed
- Entity model errors fixed.
- Armor durability is back to being much longer, longer than it ever was in Beta 1.8.
- Using items and hitting mobs no longer uses up items/durability in creative.
- Lily pads are now a block which can be stood on.
- Ferns, tall grass and lily pads are now available in the creative inventory.
- Unnecessary block versions of cake and sugar cane removed from creative inventory.
- Enchantment tables now take time to mine, instead of one punch.
- "Mods and Texture Packs" changed to "Texture Packs".
- Repeater clocks no longer get stuck when unloading the chunk.
- Placing fences under farmland doesn't stop it from turning back into dirt.
- A Minecart with Furnace is able to push empty minecarts in any direction.
- Baby sheep from dyed parents are now born dyed instead of always being white.
- This version was released on 11/11/11 (November 11, 2011). That date was the planned release date for Minecraft 1.0.0 and MINECON 2011.
- This is the last version where the player makes the classical "ooh!" sound when hurt.
- This is the first version where the game can be legitimately beaten without mods or cheats.
- ↑ "So here's the 6th beta 1.9 prerelease: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_9-pre6/minecraft.jar" – @jeb_ (Jens Bergensten) on Twitter, November 11, 2011
- ↑ "MinecraftCon 2011 in Vegas?" – The Word of Notch, May 11, 2011.